CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 20, 2009

No Answers!

Well, Ken had his colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy this morning. He did fine during the procedures, but he is always very loopy afterwards. When the nurse took me back to see him, after the tests were complete, she told me that my job was to wake him up. That was a difficult task! The first time that I finally got his eyes to open he looked so disoriented that I wasn't sure if he recognized me. I asked him if he knew who I was and he said "yes, you're a leprechaun." The next time I got him awake he said that I looked pale and invited me to get in bed with him. He always has a great sense of humor, but was hilarious as he recovered from the procedures. I have to admitt I am always a little apprehensive about will come out of his mouth when he is has been drugged.

Everything looked relatively fine, nothing at all to give us answers on why his hemoglobin count is so low. The surgeon referred us back to our Oncologist/Hemotoligist. So I guess we are back to the drawing board. He has an appointment with him on Thursday morning, so I will let you know what that brings.

Thanks again for all your interest and concern. We still appreciate your thoughts and prayers in our behalf. It means so much

3 comments:

Nikki said...

You guys will be in our prayers.

Melanie said...

thanks for the updates! I do indeeed follow the blog still. I hope you guys are able to find some more answers soon!!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

At least they were able to rule out a lot of other things, step by step or in this case-- test by test. Let us know how the appointment with the oncologist goes. I will probably give you a call soon.
ANN