CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good News!

I just got back from Ken's appointment with the oncologist/hemotologist. The blood test showed that Ken's hemoglobin levels went up from 8.3 to 10.2 in about a month. With 11 being Ken's normal count, the doctor is pleased with the improvement and sees no need at this point to do further testing to find out the cause of the low levels. I am so grateful for the improvement. Ken will continue to take iron pills three times a day as his iron levels have not come up yet. His next appointment is in the beginning of June. He will also have a CAT scan to checkup on the abdominal area and the liver around that time. Right now, we are hopeful that what ever caused the low hemoglobin levels is taking care of itself.

So Ken is back to traveling a great deal and should be heading to San Jose in the beginning of next week. He will be gone a great deal of April and May. It is always hard for me to have him gone so much. I think that the kids struggle with his absense too, although they are less vocal about it.

Kayla's play --"The Pirates of Penzance" starts next week. Several of you asked about when her performances are so I am including them; Wednesday April 1st , Friday April 3rd and Saturday afternoon April 4th. Let me know if any of you still want to come. I can get you more detailed information.

Anyway thanks again for all your concern and prayers. I am grateful and consider this improvement a definite answer to prayers.

We love you!
Jeanine

3 comments:

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

That is such good news. It is so good to see how our Heavenly Father has answered our prayers. It will be hard to have Ken travel so much--what a blessing though, that he has a job and is able to work!! Tell Kayla that I wish I could see her play. I am sure she will do a GREAT job.

Love you Guys.
ANN

Tech Family said...

It sounds like things are going well for your family. I miss you!
Liz

collette said...

Good to hear that. Love ya! It was so nice to see all of you at the sisters reunion. I'm so glad we were able to come.