CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Breaking out of the Joint

Ken was released from the hospital yesterday (3/11/08) at 11:00a.m. I am amazed that his stay in the hospital with this surgery was actually a day shorter than the appendectomy in January. He is amazing me. He is about a week further along in his recovery than last time also. He is getting around so well. He can get in and out of our waterbed (old school but we still love it) with out help. He even went to the gym to this morning with me. He walked while I went to a step class. I am a little worried that he might over do and slide backward in his recovery, but he is definitely amazing! I am so proud of all of the hard work that he has done to be healing so quickly. It is nice to have him in the home again and to be able to stay home some more. I even cleaned a badly neglected bathroom today! One left to go.

We received news on the polyp that was removed from his colon during the colonoscopy. The surgeon reported that the "cheesy" polyp he removed was benign as he had expected. I had to chuckle at that. We are still waiting to hear back on the pathology for the lymph nodes. We have a follow up appointment on Monday, March 17th with the surgeon. We will be meeting with the oncologist on March 26th to see where we will go from here.

1 comments:

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

WOW! Sounds like the recovery process is on the fast track. Don't over do it!!!