CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

17 out of 17!

It has been a long time since I have updated this. Sorry I guess that I needed a little break. Ken has been doing well ever since he got out of the hospital. It has been hard to keep him from over doing. He was doing so well that we took a little trip to Prescott for the week-end of March 14th-16th. Ken's brother Nathan and his family came. We had rooms next to each other. The cousins had a great time together and it was nice just to have a little down time. It was cold there so we spent most of the time in the room. We had quite a snow storm to travel through on the way home on Sunday morning.


Kayla at Prescott 3/16/08

Monday afternoon 3/17/08 Ken and I went to his surgical appointment. The surgeon said that he was healing well. They removed 33 staples from his incision. (Yes, we counted. I even took pictures but I think that I will spare you that experience.) He reviewed the results of the pathology reports from Ken's surgery which he had alreadeycalled us about on Friday afternoon. He said that 17 out of 17 lymph nodes were cancer free. YEAH! He also said that there was cancer residue that was adjacent to the previous appendix surgery. He said that it was a good thing that Ken had the hemicolectomy or he would have had problems within a year.

We meet with the Oncologist on Wednesday March 26th. He is recommending chemotherapy. We will find out the details of what he recommends and we will make a decision after meeting with him. We are hoping that we will also get a few answer about what to expect in the future.





4 comments:

Kelli said...

good news! yay!

Hale Yes!! said...

I am so excited to hear the news!!!

dwarfbro said...

It was great to see you last night. It's great to hear your doing better. Melanie and I have you in our prayers everyday. Love you brother.

collette said...

It was so good to see you in Prescott. Thanks for calling us and having us over. The girls had a blast in the pool and eating jelly beans. Ken looked so well and I can't believe he tried holding my chunky baby. Kayla, congrats on choir, and you look beautiful in that dress. My girls love you. Thanks for being so sweet to them. Our prayers are with you.